AirportCars.com is the trading name of Airport Cars International Limited whose registered number is 12460583 and whose registered address is – 73 Cornhill, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 3QQ.
- What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Who do we share your information with?
- Security and data protection requirements
- Children and privacy
- Your consent
- Marketing communications
- Rights of access to your personal information
1. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
In order to process your transfer bookings we do require certain information. This will include the name of the person making the booking, billing address, mobile telephone number, email address, and your credit card details. We also need to establish your flight details, destination resort and accommodation. All of this information is collated, used and stored for different reasons, as shown below:
Your name, email address, mobile number – We use these details in the following ways:
- To book and arrange your transfer – We need these details to perform our contract with you, and in case we need to get in contact with you regarding your order.
- To send you service messages and updates about your transfer via email and text – We must send you a confirmation email and voucher as part of our contract with you. We may need to send you updates about your transfer, to connect you with your driver and help with your trip, particularly in the unlikely event of changes to any part of your journey.
- To send you information and offers by email – We like to offer our email subscribers exclusive offers and deals, as well as updates on our products and services – but only with your permission.
Your travel, flight and accommodation details – We use these details in the following ways:
- To send your flight and accommodation details to our suppliers – We do this so the supplier can track your arrival or departure times and ensure your transfer is as smooth and timely as possible. Your supplier also needs to know where to drop you off and pick you up.
Your payment & billing details – We use these details in the following ways:
- To take, or refund, payments – We take payments online, via our payment gateways. Your card details are entered in a highly secure part of the payment page so AirportCars.com never sees or stores your details. Your billing address is requested solely to help with fraud detection and protect your card details.
- Proof of authenticity and fraud prevention – We use 3D Secure as an additional level of security which protects you further from card fraud and ensures your website session is as safe and secure as possible.
Your responses to surveys and competitions on social media and our blogs – We use these details in the following ways:
- To run surveys and competitions – We run surveys and competitions in order to obtain useful information about our website and service as well as helping us spread the word about AirportCars.com! Any personal data entered is used only as stated – either permission to send you emails, or for one-time use in draws after which any personal details will be deleted after 30 days.
Your contact and purchase history with us – We use these details in the following ways:
- We use your contact history for customer support – Your contact history with us is necessary to perform our contract with you, as well as helping our customer support staff assist you with your purchases and travel.
- We use your purchase history for customer support – Your purchase history with us is necessary to perform our contract with you, as well as helping our customer support staff assist you with your purchases and travel, and ensuring that any email offers you have asked to be sent are as relevant as possible.
Information about your mobile device or computer when you visit our website – We use these details in the following ways:
- To learn about our users and customers, improve our website and set appropriate options such as currency and language – We want to give our website visitors the best possible experience, so we use software or tools such as Google Analytics to help us improve our website, apps and any other touchpoints with you, whether through the website or via our various customer support services. This data is always anonymised and aggregated.
2. Who do we share your information with?
AirportCars.com never shares your payment details with anyone. We collate – but do not store – your payment information solely for the purpose of making your booking.
Reviews – We send your trip and contact information to our review platform, Feefo, from which emails will be sent to request a review for your purchase or journey. This data is ONLY used for the purposes of these review request emails and nothing else. We may also ask our customers to post reviews on other platforms such as Trustpilot, Google Reviews and TripAdvisor but these do not involve the sharing of any contact or transaction details.
Suppliers – The only companies we share some of your information with are the suppliers involved with your transfer, and they will use the minimum of information ONLY for communications with you for that transfer. By using the website, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (where the service you book requires a non-EEA supplier to provide it).
Advertising – Your browsing data may be shared with other advertising or affiliate partners who help us promote our business, but any data is anonymous and aggregated.
Other websites – There are several places on the AirportCars.com website where you can link through to other websites. Once you click through onto another site, AirportCars.com privacy practices no longer apply. We recommend you view privacy statements for all third party websites to understand their own policies for collecting and disclosing your information.
3. Security and data protection requirements
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 which superseded it in May 2018, we are a data controller. In order to process your booking we need to collect certain personal details from you. These will include, where applicable, the names and addresses of the party’s members, credit/debit card or other payment details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen booking.
If we need any other personal details, we will tell you before we obtain them from you. In order to process your order we may share your information with our supplier(s) or other involved third party. We will provide only the personally identifiable information necessary to ensure the successful fulfilment of your travel arrangements.
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal details you give us. We will not pass any information on to any company and/or organisation not responsible for providing any part of your travel arrangements. Where you provide us with personal details relating to any special requirements and/or details of any illnesses, disabilities or religious requirements, you consent to this information being passed onto any organisation or companies responsible for any part of your travel arrangements whether in the EEA or not. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, we cannot process your booking.
We are entitled to assume you do not object to our doing any of the things mentioned above unless you tell us otherwise in writing. You are generally entitled to ask us (by letter or email) what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom they may be or have been disclosed. We will charge a fee to respond to such a request. Please email us at email@example.com. In limited circumstances we are entitled to refuse your request. Except where expressly permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation, we will only deal with the personal details you give us as set out above unless you agree otherwise.
4. Children and privacy
If you’re aged under 18, you cannot make any bookings on our website – a parent, guardian or appropriate adult must book on your behalf.
6. Your consent
7. Marketing communications
We would like to hold your information (including email address and phone number(s)) for AirportCars.com marketing purposes. You will be asked for your consent before any marketing takes place, and if specific consent is granted we may use your personal information to contact you by email, telephone, SMS, social media, electronic messaging or post – with information and/or offers on products, services, discounts or promotions (provided by us) that we think may be of interest to you. For marketing purposes your information will be stored within our email database. At any point you can refuse or opt-out of marketing messages by simply clicking UNSUBSCRIBE on any of our emails, or contacting our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not include our automated pre-departure and post-departure emails and SMS messages, which are service-related and will help you with your trip).
AirportCars.com have many trade partners who from time to time give us access to offers and promotions they may have running, allowing you to become one of the first to be notified of any great travel bargains. Where you’ve given us your permission to send you marketing emails, you give us prior authorisation to email these offers by registering on the website and can of course opt-out by unsubscribing at any time.
8. Rights of access to your personal information
We only store the minimum possible amount of personal information, which is required to process your booking and for contractual reasons. 90 days after your return from travel, we will delete personal details, including email address and phone number, keeping only the lead passenger name. The only exception here is when you’ve given us permission to send you offers and news by email, in which case we’d store your email address alongside your travel details until you unsubscribe, or request deletion of your personal information.
At any time, you have a right to request access to the data we hold about you, which we will provide free of charge within 30 days, unless requests are repetitive and excessive in which case we may charge a small administration fee. You have a right to update or delete your personal data. Of course you have a right to unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in all of our emails, which will remove you from our mailing lists immediately.
This policy is dated 23rd September 2020. We may change and improve this from time to time, at which point we will update the policy with the appropriate date.