Some good hotels near Antalya Airport
Book your Antalya Airport transfer to or from a local hotel before travelling:
- Liberty Hotels Lara is 6.5 miles distant, meaning Antalya Airport transfers take 10-15 minutes. This five-star venue ranks ‘Excellent’ on TripAdvisor, and is family-friendly and all-inclusive with gardens and a pool.
- La Boutique Hotel is a 4.5-mile hop from the airport. With four stars and scoring ‘Very good’ on TripAdvisor, it offers sea and mountain views, a spa, Turkish baths and a private beach.
- Wise Hotel is 4.3 miles or a 10-minute Antalya Airport transfer. A romantic, boutique venue, it has a pool and private beach, plus free breakfasts. With three stars, TripAdvisor ranks it ‘Very good’.
Transferring from Antalya to another airport?
- Dalaman Airport is 155 miles west; allow over three and a half hours for your Antalya Airport transfer
- Bodrum Airport is nearly 250 miles west – the journey will take at least five hours 20 minutes
- Gazipaşa-Alanya Airport is just over 100 miles east, with a transfer time of two and a half hours from Antalya
We also organise airport transfers on Paphos, Cyprus, some 300 miles south.
Towns and cities to visit near Antalya
- Lara Beach is 7.5 miles south, meaning Antalya Airport transfers in around 15 minutes. The Blue Flag, family-friendly golden sand beach has crystal-clear waters, great dining and a decent nightlife, while the livelier scene of Antalya is nearby.
- Kemer is 36 miles south, with a transfer time of nearly an hour. Part of the ‘Turkish Riviera’, this resort is famed for its expansive marina and pebble beaches. It’s near the Olympos Beydağları National Park, and the Greco-Roman site at Phaselis.
- Alanya is some 78 miles south-east; allow just over an hour and 45 minutes for your Antalya Airport transfer. This large town’s wide beaches include one where Cleopatra reputedly swam. Visit the castle (turned open-air museum), red-tiled Ottoman villas and thirteenth-century octagonal Red Tower.
- Side is 40 miles east; be there within the hour. This coastal town and port city combines brilliant beaches with Greco-Roman ruins. See the second-century theatre, the marble columns of the Temple of Athena by the harbour, and the museum, a restored Roman bath complex.
- Antalya itself is 15 minutes away from the airport by road. The Old Harbour is rammed with yachts, and the resort city is a gateway to the Turquoise Coast. Don’t miss the second-century Hidirlik Tower, with its splendid harbour view.
- Çırali is 60 miles south – expect an Antalya Airport transfer of one hour 40 minutes. It’s a low-key village with natural rock fires, mountain walks and fantastic food. Walk 15 minutes along the beach to the ruined Roman city of Olympos. Tahtalı Dağı mountain can be reached by cable-car for stunning views with no effort.
Best places to see near Antalya Airport
- Land of Legends theme park is 16 miles south-east, or a 25-minute Antalya Airport transfer. Experience rides, slides and myriad attractions including live performances, plus the secret lagoon. Be a water astronaut on the Space Rocket slide!
- Duden Waterfalls lie 7.5 miles distance south, making for a 15-minute Antalya Airport transfer. The falls are in two sections – upper (further inland) and lower, crashing over the cliffs into the sea below.
- Hadrian’s Gate is less than 10 miles west, or within 25 minutes of Antalya Airport. It’s the entranceway to Kaleiçi, Antalya’s scenic old town. Built in 130AD, it’s part of the world’s best-preserved Roman and Greek town walls. There are three towers, marble arches and some detailed sculptures.
- Aspendos lies 25 miles east; an Antalya Airport transfer takes around 30 minutes. This Greco-Roman city features a splendid Roman theatre, built in 155 AD and nearly 100m tall. It’s incredibly well preserved, with tremendous views over farmland.
- Aksu Dolphinarium lies nearly eight miles south-east; cover them in 15 minutes from the airport. Go swimming with the beautiful dolphins or take in the daily seal, sea-lion and dolphin show and be blown away by the skills of these fascinating creatures.
- Köprülü Canyon is 57 miles north-east and inland, or an hour and 20 minutes by Antalya Airport transfer. This canyon and national park cover over 144 square miles and the canyon is 400m in place, stretching for 8.5 miles along the Kaprun River. Hike through dramatic scenery, cross Roman bridges or try some adrenaline-pumping river rafting.
Further key information on Antalya Airport
The terminals have escalators and lifts, while wheelchair transport is available between the terminals and the plane. Tell your airline of the special assistance you require before departure.
Antalya Airport also has disabled toilet facilities.
You may find facilities more limited here than with other airports, since Turkey isn’t governed by EU law on disabled access, but people with reduced mobility are looked after nonetheless. As ever, the best strategy is to request what you need in good time.
Antalya Havaalanı Dış Hatlar Terminali 1
Tel: (+90) 242 444 7423