Hotel accommodation local to Doncaster Sheffield Airport
Prearrange your Doncaster Sheffield Airport to or from one of the great local hotels:
- The Red Lion is just over six miles distant, so expect a Doncaster Sheffield Airport transfer within 15 minutes. This popular, modern three-star hotel provides affordable comfort in central Doncaster.
- Travelodge Doncaster offers budget-friendly two-star accommodation a similar distance away, and enjoys a 4.5/5 TripAdvisor score.
- Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant is a little further off at over eight miles, but reachable within 20 minutes. Offering four-star quality and highly rated on TripAdvisor, there are fires in winter and al fresco drinks or dinner in summer.
Travelling from Doncaster Sheffield to another airport?
- Manchester lies some 66 miles west – allow up to an hour and 25 minutes for your Doncaster Sheffield airport transfer
- Leeds Bradford is almost 50 miles north, meaning a journey time of perhaps an hour and a quarter
- Liverpool is further afield at 95 miles distant, so an airport transfer from Doncaster Sheffield could take a couple of hours
Towns and cities near Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- Doncaster is 6.5 miles away near the River Don, meaning a 15-minute Doncaster Sheffield Airport transfer. There’s a historic centre, a weekly market, plus the stained-glass windows of Doncaster Minister, alongside a museum.
- Lincoln is less than 35 miles south-east, making for an airport transfer inside an hour. With excellent shopping and dining, this small city has a medieval cathedral, while the castle houses a Victorian prison. Cultural life incorporates the Museum of Lincolnshire Life plus the Usher Gallery, displaying Lowry and Turner works.
- Sheffield is around 20 miles away, making for a journey time of under 45 minutes. Visit the cathedral, botanical gardens and Winter Garden, or experience all the culture, shops and restaurants you’d expect from a city this size. Sheffield is also a great base for the Peak District.
- Tickhill lies some 7.5 miles south, and is reachable in 15 minutes. This charming market town on the Nottinghamshire border features great independent shops, a thirteenth century church and a ruined castle.
- Nottingham lies nearly 50 miles south, so getting there could take an hour or more. Take in the castle, tour the city’s underground sandstone caves and check out Nottingham Contemporary gallery in the Lace Market. Catch a film or play, eat out, shop or stroll through the Attenborough Nature Reserve.
- Rotherham is 20 miles south-west, reachable within 30 minutes by motorway. Visit the gardens of York Gate, the Minister Church of All Saints whose roots originate in the tenth century, or hang out in Clifton Park and museum. You’ll also find varied dining and shopping choices.
Places near Doncaster Sheffield Airport to visit
- Doncaster Racecourse: At just over five miles away from Doncaster Sheffield Airport, this venue can be reached in minutes. The racetrack is one of the oldest of its kind in Britain, holding 36 fixtures yearly, including the St Leger Festival. Dress up and enjoy some food, a glass of bubbly and a flutter!
- Yorkshire Wildlife Park: This is only a few miles distant, so you can be here promptly. The conservation centre is home to dozens of species, from polar bears and lions to tigers. There are also regular special events and an educational programme.
- Conisbrough Castle: At just 10 miles or 20 minutes away by Doncaster Sheffield Airport transfer, Conisbrough features a circular Norman keep tower. Dating from the twelfth century, it enjoys some stunning views. The surrounding grassy areas make good picnic spots.
- Meadowhall Shopping Centre: Located 20 miles away, or around a 40-minute drive, this indoor mall has nearly 300 outlets, including numerous top-name brands. With many eateries and places to grab a drink, there’s also a cinema – plus a climbing centre!
- Cusworth Hall: This is nearly nine miles away, or a 20-minute Doncaster Sheffield Airport transfer. It’s a Grade I listed building set in stunning parkland and dating from the 1700s. It also houses the Museum of South Yorkshire Life.
- South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum: A little over five miles away, meaning Doncaster Sheffield Airport transfers take less than 15 minutes, this attraction on the old RAF Doncaster site incorporates aircraft and helicopters from biplanes to Harrier jets, including interactive exhibits.
More information about Doncaster Sheffield Airport
You’ll find disabled loos and an accessible lift inside the terminal building. Meanwhile, an Ambulift can carry passengers and wheelchairs up to the aircraft doors.
Assistance dogs are welcome; equally, tell the airline in advance if you are travelling with mobility aids. A quiet room is available away from the airport’s hubbub, and help is on hand for navigating your way through security.
For hidden disabilities, a blue-and-white wristband scheme sends a discreet signal that you may need extra help. Pick up yours from the assistance desk.
Doncaster Sheffield Airport
Tel: (01302) 625500