Places to stay near Leeds Bradford Airport
Pre-book your Leeds Bradford Airport transfer to your accommodation:
- Corn Mill Lodge Hotel is within five miles or 10 or 15 minutes with a Leeds Bradford Airport transfer. With three stars, it’s comfortable, budget and family-friendly, with easy access to local amenities.
- Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre is within six miles, so well within a 20-minute drive. This popular, affordable hotel is great for reaching Leeds or the A65, and provides buffet breakfasts.
- The Ibis Bradford Shipley has two stars, excellent TripAdvisor reviews and a great canalside location near Bradford city centre and train station within half an hour of the airport.
Nearest major airports to Leeds Bradford
- Doncaster Sheffield Airport is some 53 miles by airport transfer, so allow an hour and a quarter to travel here.
- Manchester Airport is a few miles further south-west, making for Leeds Bradford Airport transfers within a similar timeframe.
- Birmingham Airport is significantly further south at nearly 125 miles, meaning a journey time by road of a good couple of hours.
Popular towns close to Leeds Bradford Airport
- Harrogate lies just over 12 miles north of Leeds Bradford, so is reachable within half an hour. This spa town is full of historical sites, some great museums and galleries plus a vibrant cultural scene and superb shopping and dining.
- York is 30 miles to the east – be there in an hour with a Leeds Bradford Airport transfer. Founded by the Romans, this walled city on the River Ouse is dominated by its thirteenth-century Minster. See the ancient Shambles street overhung with timber-framed buildings, the Monk Bar gate and more in this wonderful city.
- Skipton is 40 minutes away, being within 20 miles of the airport. There’s some lovely architecture, a thriving outdoor market and lively pubs. The Yorkshire Dales are nearby, while Aireville Park offers 20 acres of open space.
- Knaresborough is just north of Harrogate, and an airport transfer from Leeds Bradford has a similar journey time. It’s a market and spa town with a castle, some great spots for riverside picnics and a breathtaking viaduct. Stroll ancient cobbled walkways and browse in the market.
- Leeds is seven miles distant, making for a 15 to 20-minute airport transfer. This city is known for its nightlife and shopping at upscale Harvey Nichols, or the Corn Exchange. Eateries suit all tastes and budgets, while culture vultures will love the Royal Armouries Museum or City Art Gallery.
- Whitby is 85 miles or an hour and 50 minutes by road but well worth the journey. Divided by the River Esk, this town has a ruined Gothic abbey overlooking the North Sea. Other draws include the Church of St Mary, the Captain Cook Memorial Museum and West Cliff Beach.
Things to see near Leeds Bradford Airport
- Kirkstall Abbey: This is within five miles, meaning Leeds Bradford Airport transfers take just minutes. Founded in 1152, this ruined Cistercian monastery is in a park on the banks of the River Aire, offering a peaceful setting and a tremendous sense of history.
- Harewood House: Within six miles or a 15-minute airport run, this amazing place features an exquisite interior and art collections plus magnificent gardens and a terrace. It was completed in 1772.
- Wetherby Racecourse: This is within 17 miles to the north-east, so a Leeds Bradford Airport transfer has you there in 35 minutes. Enjoy a thrilling day at the races – either the endurance of the steeplechase or the speed and grace of a sprint. Remember to have a flutter!
- Roundhay Park: Within half an hour by Leeds Bradford Airport transfer, this site incorporates 700 acres of woods, parkland and lakes, and is one of the world’s biggest urban parks. Enjoy exotic Tropical World, and look out for the many birds.
- Emmerdale Village Tour: This is within five miles, so reachable by road in minutes. Ideal for fans of the TV soap, weekend tours visit the set and include The Woolpack pub, David’s Shop and more on a 90-minute guided tour.
- Bradford Industrial Museum: A similar distance away, this family attraction offers displays of textile machinery, steam power, engineering and motor vehicles. See the house where the local mill manager lived, or the terraced cottages which housed mill workers.
Further key details for Leeds Bradford Airport
Disabled loos and a Changing Places facility are located within the terminal building. Help is available throughout a journey for anyone requiring special assistance, and you’ll find the help desk inside the main entrance. If you’re travelling with a mobility aid or assistance dog, tell your airline before flying – equally, let the specialist team know once you’ve arrived at Leeds Bradford.
An escorted quiet route through the airport is available if required, and Leeds Bradford also operates a discreet lanyard scheme for anyone with hidden disabilities.
Leeds Bradford Airport
Tel: 0871 288 2288