Great hotels close to East Midlands Airport
Pre-book your East Midlands Airport transfer to a nearby hotel – and rest easy!
- Best Western Premier Yew Lodge is within a couple of miles, making for speedy East Midlands Airport transfers. Expect affordable four-star modern comfort, a spa and an on-site eatery.
- The Priest House by the River is again around 2.5 miles distant, with four stars and a 4/5 TripAdvisor score. Built around a mill tower, it enjoys a fantastic riverside location.
- The Link Hotel is conveniently placed within six miles of East Midlands, meaning road transfers take 15 minutes maximum. With three stars and a bright, modern interior, it has its own restaurant.
Transferring from East Midlands to another airport?
- Birmingham Airport lies some 35 miles to the south-west, so East Midlands Airport transfers take an hour maximum.
- Doncaster Sheffield Airport is 58 miles north via the M1 motorway – allow up to an hour and 20 minutes to get there.
- Manchester Airport is just over 80 miles away, and reachable by road within an hour and a half.
Towns to visit from East Midlands Airport
- Nottingham is within 15 miles and 35 minutes by airport transfer. There’s a lot to see, from Sherwood Forest to the city’s castle, the Lace Market and one of Europe’s biggest market squares. Stroll cobbled streets and enjoy numerus high-quality shopping and dining opportunities.
- Derby is a similar distance from East Midlands. Again there’s plenty to see, including the gothic cathedral and its soaring tower, plus the museum and art gallery. Catch a show at the theatre, amble through the city’s open spaces or visit the Museum of Making at Derby Silk Mill.
- Leicester is 20 miles south, meaning a 45-minute East Midlands Airport transfer, or thereabouts. This cosmopolitan city has a wonderful cathedral, buzzing cultural quarter and is home to the National Space Centre. Browse the independent boutiques, eateries and arcades of The Lanes, or explore the Highcross shopping complex.
- Castle Donington is a picturesque market town by the River Trent, just four miles away, making for airport transfers in minutes. All that is left of the castle today is a mound, but a sixteenth-century church survives. It’s also near the famous Donington Park Grand Prix racetrack and was previously the venue of the Monsters of Rock festival.
- Loughborough is within nine miles or 15 minutes by East Midlands Airport transfer. It’s a university town and Leicestershire’s second-largest settlement. Its famous bell foundry is still operational. Check out the foundry’s small museum, the Italianate town hall and visitor centre, and the 150-ft Carillon Tower in Queen’s Park.
- Bakewell is just over 40 miles away and reachable within an hour and 15 minutes. A great Peak District base on the banks of the River Wye, it offers shopping, specialist markets and restful strolls. Take in its stone buildings, medieval bridge and attractive courtyards.
Popular attractions close to East Midlands Airport
- Kedleston Hall: Lying 20 miles south making for a hassle-free airport transfer within 45 minutes, this was the setting for Hollywood blockbuster The Duchess. Expect Georgian opulence and admire the fascinating collection of Asian exhibits in the museum.
- Donington Racing Circuit: At just two or three miles away, you can be here in minutes from the airport. See the car Stirling Moss drove in the 1961 Monaco Grand Prix, or experience high-speed driving in the simulator.
- Derby Gaol: Roughly 15 miles or within 30 minutes by road from East Midlands, this eighteenth-century prison and scene of numerous executions is one of Derby’s best-loved draws. Take a spooky ghost walk!
- National Space Centre: This award-winning attraction is some 20 miles distant, so an airport transfer can have you there within 45 minutes. Enjoy six interactive galleries, the UK’s biggest planetarium, a unique 3D SIM ride and the 42m Rocket Tower – all out of this world!
- Great Central Railway: A similar distance from the airport, this is the UK’s only double-track, mainline heritage railway, and takes you back to steam’s heyday. Enjoy fine dining in the First Class restaurant car while you’re there.
- Peak District National Park: The nearest boundary is 35 miles or within an hour by East Midlands airport transfer. Known for its steep limestone valleys, moorland and dramatic ridges, plus gorgeous towns like Bakewell, this breathtakingly beautiful region offers something for bikers, hikers, campers and others of all ages.
Contacts and disabled facilities at East Midlands
East Midlands has accessible toilets, plus a Changing Places facility with additional space and equipment. Wheelchairs can be arranged or you can bring your own, while assistance dogs must be booked in on arrival.
There are designated lounges before and after security, offering help points. An interactive map helps navigation through the airport, and there’s a lanyard system covering hidden disabilities. Finally, if you want a quieter route through the departure lounge, this is offered. An airside quiet room was being built at the time of writing, to join the one already landside.
East Midlands Airport
Tel: 0808 169 7032